Today I want to share what I keep in my nightstand. I actually have a very strategic nightstand (even have it organized into two sections), and it really helps me stay on top of my skincare game.
- Drawer Organizers. With any drawer, I like having organizers to separate things. You can get them on Amazon or anywhere …I literally use two random baskets that fit in the drawer.
- Things you need for sleep. I keep these in one section. I’ve got a sleep supplement, scar cream, vitamin E oil, nasal strips, eye ointment (great for dry eyes right before bed), and an eye mask.
- Skincare & Beauty. In this section, I keep:
- *Face wipes- for those nights I’m too tired to take off my makeup
- Mist toner- I use one by Caudalie (amazing for acne)
- Moisturizers- perfect spot for your samples
- Hand sanitizer- can’t touch your face with dirty hands!
- Body and hand lotions
- Jade roller
- Overnight face masks- When I’m not doing my whole makeup routine, sometimes I like to go a little extra on a product overnight.
- Lip balm
- Overnight hair masks- I love doing beauty stuff while I’m sleeping because it’s such an efficient use of time.
*I usually like using an oil cleanser instead of wipes to remove my makeup because it’s more gentle, but this is for emergencies.
- Sentimental Cards. When I get a card from someone I care about, I’ll keep it in here for a little while because I like to look at it.
- Flashcards. I’m relearning Farsi! It was actually my first language, but I’ve forgotten it over the years, so I’ve really been focusing on getting fluent again to be able to have more intelligent conversations with my family in Iran. I have my flashcards here because before bed is a great time to use your brain and have something stick.
- Flashlight. Stranger danger, ya know.
- USB Adapter. I love that my nightstand has this for my charger because I never have to worry about where my charger is or if my phone’s going to die. I usually keep my phone on airplane mode but with the WiFi on while I’m sleeping – that way I won’t miss texts, but am also not getting that radiation.
That’s it! Even though it’s a lot of stuff, it’s really organized and easy to get to. I’ve perfected this nightstand situation over the last few years so I thought this would be the best time for me to share :). Little things like this and staying organized will totally change your life. It’s so easy and even FUN to do.