This broccoli cheddar soup that I shared on Instagram is super clean, fully plant-based and SO GOOD. The “cheddar” part is achieved with nutritional yeast & coconut milk! I hope you love it as much as I do.
- 7 cups broccoli florets
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 7 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp turmeric (or 1 tsp dried turmeric)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Chop broccoli, celery stalks, onion, garlic and turmeric.
- Saute onions in olive oil. Add remaining veggies and saute until soft.
- Add veggie broth, water and sea salt to the pot. Cover, bring to boil, then let simmer for 40 minutes.
- Let cool, then puree in a blender.
- Add mixture back to the pot, along with coconut milk and nutritional yeast.
- Bring to boil, then serve! Enjoy :)