A few weeks ago, Brianna and I found the most amazing recipe for coconut flour chocolate chip cookies (original recipe here). I made some modifications to the recipe so that they’re vegan and sugar-free, and they are just insaneeee. Been making them weekly so I had to share the recipe with you all!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp monk fruit powder
- 4 flax eggs (1 flax egg = 1 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons water)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup coconut flour (1/2 for a more doughy consistency, 3/4 for a little dryer consistency)
- 1 plant alchemy chocolate bar, chopped up (use code MONA to get 10% off)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Place the almond butter, coconut oil, and monk fruit in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add the flax eggs and vanilla and mix again until evenly combined.
Sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon, and salt over the top. Sprinkle in the coconut flour. Mix until the batter forms a smooth dough. Using a spoon or spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
With a small cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheet. (I like to make them extra big so each cookie is 2 heaping tablespoons). With your fingers, lightly flatten the dough, as it will not spread during baking.
Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cookies turn barely golden brown at the edges and feel lightly dry. They will be very soft. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Hope you enjoy! xx