If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably caught on by now that I eat a BIG SALAD every. single. day… I’m obsessed! I try to switch it up with different fresh herbs or veggies to get a variety in my diet… but it always goes something like this:
- Romaine hearts
- Red leaf lettuce
- Fresh dill
- Persian cucumbers
- Chopped Endive
Dressing – (I use liberal amounts of all 3)
- Cold pressed olive oil
- Celtic sea salt
- Fresh Lime Juice (2-3)
- Wash and dry lettuce in salad spinner (or lay out to dry), then chop and add to bowl
- Add chopped fresh dill, cucumber and endive, toss.
- Drizzle with olive oil and fresh lime juice, add salt, then massage well with hands
- Massage massage massage! This will help flavor so much
- I’m super liberal with the amount of cold pressed olive oil I use. I try to eat mostly cold olive oil, and stick to cooking with avocado and coconut oil.
Whether you’re fully plant-based or not, getting in your raw greens just does the body (and skin) good. I have a sour palate because I grew up eating Persian food which includes a LOT of lemon, lime, and sour flavor. So this salad has a salty / sour taste, it’s so yummy!