If you’re looking for something lower carb / sugar-free, but still plant-based and refreshing, this smoothie is going to become your new best friend! Another perk? It’s properly food combined, for those who feel best following those principles. It basically checks all the boxes. Now, let’s get into the recipe:
- 1 frozen coconut puree pack
- 1 unsweetened acai pack
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 persian cucumber or 1/2 large cucumber, peeled
- 4oz coconut milk
- 1oz water
- handful organic spinach
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 inch piece ginger (see pic below)
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend to desired consistency!
- Add more water as needed.
Enjoy! The avocado makes it really creamy the same way a banana would, but without sugar. The coconut purée, coconut milk, lemon and ginger give it a refreshing sweetness without any sugar as well.
*I personally recommend using the coconut milk and purée brands linked, because both brands don’t have any added emulsifiers, fillers or sweeteners.