This is one of my new favorite soups! It’s so grounding for the cold winter months and I love that soup is a simple one-pot meal :) This is the original recipe, but I’ve listed it below as well:
- 6-8 large carrots
- 1 knob Ginger, grated
- 1 whole Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 can unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Celery Leaves to top
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- Heat avocado oil in a large pot. Add grated ginger, chopped onion, minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about five minutes. If needed, add a little water to prevent burning. Add chopped carrots.
- Add 6 cups of water, bring to a boil. Then simmer and cover, stirring occasionally until carrots are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until creamy (you could leave a little bit out to keep the soup chunky, if desired)
- Add the full can of coconut milk, stir and season to your liking (I recommend that specific brand)
- Serve and top with celery leaves!
Definitely recommend giving this one a try, especially if you live in a colder climate. Also want to share that I’m not a fan of cooked carrots or carrot juice, but happen to love this soup. Enjoy!