In today’s blog, I want to share some of my favorite low carb, low sugar recipes. This is not about weight, just about health! For information on the benefits of low sugar and candida, check out this video. Here are my top 3 recipes:
- 3 avocados
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup cilantro
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 1 jalapeño (seeds removed)
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- Mash your avocado and add it to a bowl (I love using a mortar & pestle).
- Chop your onion (really small), cilantro, and jalapeño pepper, and add them to the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, juice your limes into the bowl, stir, and enjoy!
Cashew Coconut Balls
- 1 cup plant milk pulp (for more on plant milk pulp check out this blog)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup cashew butter
- Mix all the ingredients together and roll into balls.
- Roll in more shredded coconut.
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2-3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup + tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp monk fruit or stevia
- Mix seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, pumpkin pie spice, and cacao powder in a bowl.
- Melt coconut oil and add the monk fruit or stevia to that. Stir, then add this to the bowl with the granola mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes, stir, then bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Play around with this recipe and try different nuts and seeds to make it your own! If you’re using more seeds and you want it to cluster together more, you can add egg whites- separate the egg whites, whip them to foam, and add them to the granola for more of that cereal-texture.