Today, Lauren (from The Skinny Confidential) and I are going to share with you our entire nighttime skin care routines and some new products we both discovered and LOVE.
You’ve probably seen different skincare routines on either of our channels. It changes often because we’re either discovering new products, the season changes or our skin changes …we’re human guinea pigs. We’re trying products all the time but only share our top 10% of them!
- Oil Cleanser. Right now I’m loving the Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil. This is used as your makeup remover and cleanser in one. I like this better than cleansing wipes because those really pull on your skin, which creates fine lines and wrinkles.
- Exfoliator. Some nights, I use Kate Somerville Liquid ExfoliKate, which is alpha and beta hydroxy acids. This removes dead skin, helps exfoliate and reduces inflammation.
On other days, I use the 2.0 Lytera Pigment Correcting Serum. I’ll probably be talking about hyperpigmentation until the day I die. Hyperpigmentation is a common condition in which patches of skin become darker than the surrounding skin when an excess of melanin forms deposits in the skin. I love this product because it’s so non-toxic that you can even use it while you’re pregnant.
- Beauty by Design Fortifying Serum (No. 503). This one was custom chosen for me, but you can probably request it too. It’s a squalene serum, and the perfect combo of serum and oil.
- Moisturizer. I alternate between the Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer and the Radiance Platinum Vitamin E Oil. Biossance is the cleanest brand I’ve ever discovered – they have a list of 2,000 banned ingredients …the U.S. bans 12, for reference. This moisturizer is nice for when I want something thick and soothing on my face. I use the vitamin E oil on my skin when it’s really dry or I really want to glow in the morning. Vitamin E oil is also great for getting rid of scars (especially acne scars).
- Dr. Jart Water Fuse Hydro Sleep Mask. This is a clear, overnight hyaluronic acid that’s super hydrating and feels like you have water locked in your skin.
- Lancer The Method: Polish. This is a bomb exfoliator. Only use it at night because we don’t want to be stripping the skin when we’re going out in the sun. This polishes the skin …but not in a way like St. Ives Apricot Scrub (which no one should be using!). This exfoliant is rough, but gentle.
- Lancer The Method: Cleanse. This is such a soft, soothing cleanse.
- Peel Pad. Loving the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel. Take this down to your neck and save the rest for your hands. Always go up the face and wait 2 minutes between each pad. Then go down the neck for the lymphatic drainage.
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic. This is OG – it’s so good. Vitamin C is very brightening, but not everyone knows about ferulic acid, which is an amazing product for lightening your skin. This product has vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic in 1, and using them in combination makes them more synergistic, each making each other stronger.
- Four Sigmatic Superfood Serum. This is actually a serum you can EAT. It tastes good, and there’s mushrooms in it! Sometimes skin products get in your mouth, and I wouldn’t mind a pleasant, citrus taste in my mouth.
- SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator.
- Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum. Always ending it with an oil. This oil is on the pricier side, but it’s life-changing. It’s actually an active botanical serum, but it feels like an oil.
- All active ingredients should be used at night and should be used first.
- Most products you use on your face should be brought down to your neck and chest.
- Highly recommend reading the book, Younger by Dr. Lancer, for any skincare fanatics!
- Do your nighttime routine in the shower to avoid the mess.
- Keep at least 10 washcloths / towels at all times. Reusing them can cause more bacteria on your face.
- Use your index finger under your eyes to ensure you are causing the least amount of damage.
- Vitamin E oil makes SPF stronger, so mix it in with your sunscreen in the morning.
- Good to switch out your products so your skin doesn’t get used to it.
You have to find what works for you, so try different things and see what works best!