If you get annoying acne breakouts, I want to share with you this really good night time remedy that can have you wake up feeling and looking a lot better.
Usually when I get a breakout, it’s not just one- it’ll be a cluster of like four or five in a specific area. I stick to my regimen for anywhere from 1-3 nights (as long as I need it), and it always seems to get rid of the problem. Here’s what I do:
- Remove your makeup- Sometimes I use an oil cleanser (right now I’m liking Bioderma Sensibio H2O).
- Cleanse- I like to use a gentle cleanser, and then use actives as a spot treatment. If you want that active ingredient, it’s more important to use it as a spot treatment that will stay on vs. a face wash that will just wash off.
- Mask- I like using a clarifying mask whenever I’m breaking out (really just on the spots I’m breaking out). You can use it everywhere, but it’s completely your preference. I like the Sulwhasoo Clarifying Mask- leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Clarifying masks help draw out impurities, get rid of any bacteria that’s building up and clean out the area.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads- It’s basically Alpha Betas – you’ve got Alpha Hydroxy acids and Beta acids. This exfoliates your skin, and can be used even if you don’t have a breakout, but I don’t use them every night.
Step 1: Rub in circular motions all over your face. Use both sides, and keep applying it until you use up all the product on the peel pad. This peel pad is really all the action- a little stinging and burning is normal, but it shouldn’t be too uncomfortable.
Step 2: Same exact motion. The second peel pad helps neutralize and moisturize.
- Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum- This is a little bit more AHA, but I like that it’s in a serum form. I actually use this all over my face 2-3 nights a week. This also exfoliates, but in a different form- serum is a little more hydrating and it stays on your skin a little bit more. When I’m really combatting a breakout, if I use the peel pads, I’ll just use this on the acne. Wait about 2 minutes for that to dry (when it’s not too wet or sticky).
- Acne Spot Treatment- This can be either Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicilic. I use one by Beautology, but there are so many great ones out there. This is the product where I don’t like using the ingredients in my face wash …only in my spot treatment because it can be a little drying and irritating.
- Dermaquest Essential B5 Hydrating Serum- I love this product. Hyaluronic Acid is a give in no matter what- if my skin’s dry, oily, breaking out …it’s never going to hurt you and always benefits your skin.
- Dr. Jart Water Fuse Hydro Sleep Mask- This mask is really gentle and hydrating, and because I’m using so many actives, I like to counter them with something a little more soothing on my face. I use two pumps all over.
That’s my little anti-acne cocktail. I do this for 1-3 nights, and it always really works for me. Let me know what you think!