As promised, here’s Part 2 on kitchen organization, sharing exactly how I organize my pantry.
This is my favorite. Here, I keep my rose tea, cardamom, saffron and some herbs and spices. I also have oils and vinegars, nutritional yeast and rock candy (an old Persian remedy we drink with tea to soothe stomach aches).
I use a spice rack that hangs on the door, so I can label and see the tops of all my spices (which makes it so much easier to find what you’re looking for!) …and YES, they’re in alphabetical order.
Grains, Pastas & Baking Ingredients
- Grain-free Pastas. I keep a variety (chickpea, brown rice, lentil). If I have a little leftover, I’ll keep it in the box and use it up next time.
- Quinoa, Mung Beans and Lentils. I love having these on hand because they’re such easy bulk cooking ingredients and great sources of plant-based protein.
- Gluten-free Flours. I keep different gluten-free flours for baking, and I’ll throw on a sticky note or printed label to remember what’s what.
- Organic Ramen Noodles. I love these as a quick, lazy meal.
- Cacao. I always have cacao nibs and cacao powder to throw into pancakes, oatmeal, cereal and smoothies because they’re such good sources of antioxidants.
- Extra Plant Milk. I keep this on top.
I love raw nuts because they’re so good for your skin, hair and heart health, so I always have different varieties.
When it comes to snacks, my go-to’s are Hu vegan chocolate bars and grain-free Siete chips …I definitely have 1 or 2 squares of chocolate after dinner ALMOST every night :).
Links to containers:
Spaghetti container: https://bit.ly/32fTN9g
Aluminum lid canisters: https://bit.ly/3aLJ1eM
Black lid canisters: https://bit.ly/3j2XZA5
Milk container: https://bit.ly/32eX3Ss
Spice rack: https://bit.ly/2EhmL0t
Storage bins for snacks: https://bit.ly/34nD1rI
Glass storage containers, black: https://shopstyle.it/l/blRbf
Cookie jar: https://shopstyle.it/l/blQ9E
Glass storage containers, cleart: https://shopstyle.it/l/blQ9F