Today I’m sharing 5 things you can do overnight – in terms of wellness, diet, beauty – that will give you actual results in the morning. Of course the main goal is long-term prevention and health, but sometimes you just want to wake up feeling like your best.
- Stop your dinner 3-4 hrs before bed. I don’t know if you guys have noticed, but I tend to get really bloated. It’s something I’m always trying to battle, and this really works for me. Giving your body time to digest overnight and not going to bed with a full stomach not only will make you feel better, but you will notice a difference in the morning. This also includes heavy drinks…If you really want something, try an herbal tea instead (African Rooibos is great!). Also on a health level, this is so great because when you don’t have so much food in your system, your body isn’t constantly trying to process glucose and use it for energy, so it has to go to other means as a form of energy – this is when you’ll get a lot of self-repair and prevent a lot of disease states. It’s really good for you, and I guarantee you will feel so much more slim, healthy, and good in your body if you give yourself those few hours before bed.
- Spray Tan. Every time I get a spray tan, people tell me I look pretty, and I’m like thank you, I know why! I swear it contours my body, it makes me feel more toned, and it even helps me wear less makeup because I feel like it gives me a glow to my face… so I actually think it’s better for my skin in the long run. There are a few brands I like that give you results in the morning if you want to do your own spray tan overnight. A lot of them are a gradual build or have toxic ingredients, and I try to stick to as much clean as possible. I literally discovered Botanic Tree on Amazon during quarantine, and it works really well! If you use it, make sure to really smooth over your ankles because I always get little streaks there – it goes on white, so you don’t really notice. When you apply it, don’t just put one glob on your leg because it doesn’t spread very easily – I would recommend placing little dots all up your leg, spreading it on, and then going to the next one. The COOLA gives you a little bit more of a golden glow, but the Botanic Tree will give you a little more of a tan and it really works overnight, so it depends on what your vibe is. Sometimes I’ll use them both!
- SiO Silicon Patches. This is basically a silicon patch that you apply to your skin that gives you a plumped lift overnight. You don’t have to use it overnight (you can just use it for a few hours and you’ll see results), but I personally like using it overnight.
- How it works: When you apply it, make sure your skin is dry – no serums, moisturizers, oils, etc. – because you want it to really adhere to your skin. It sticks on, but in a way that doesn’t hurt your skin. Because it has direct contact with your skin, and there’s no moisture or anything that can get in between the silicon patch and your skin, it allows your skin to draw up its own moisture, actually causing your skin to get more hydrated and boost your circulation, which can help collagen production.
- When you’re using it to lift your skin, you can do it on your eye, on your neck – it just trains your skin to stay up! It’s the same concept as getting a facial where they do a lot of facial massage and make it look like you got some kind of lift. You do have to use it continuously to see results, but as with most skin care devices, you’re really not going to get anything that’s one and done. Our skin is constantly changing, so using it more consistently will help. Another cool thing about this is that you can use it up to 10 different times – just rinse it off and put it back in the resealable pouch!
- Foot Filing. This is literally the easiest, most inexpensive thing you can do at home that will show you the best results in the morning. How to: (1) Apply a thick moisturizer to feet. (2) file! …over a towel (3) Apply thick moisturizer again and put thick socks on. You’ll wake up with BABY SOFT feet. In terms of wellness, getting rid of the dead skin cells on your feet is going to help bring more oxygen and nutrients to your feet – it’s still part of our skin, so it’s nice to give it a little bit of love and care. And foot filing can hit certain pressure points, so I think just getting stimulation in areas that we don’t usually pay attention to is a really nice self care hack.
- Using a Hair Oil Overnight. This is something that always shows me instant results. One of my favorites is coconut oil, but you can literally use olive oil, you can buy a hair oil, but I honestly find that any oil will do it, especially on my ends because they get really dry.
- How to: I really massage my scalp – this is great for a dry scalp, if you get any dandruff or scalp irritation. So much hydration and moisture will come from really massaging it in, getting it all through your ends and then just putting a towel or any kind of protection on your pillow while you’re sleeping and really washing it out in the morning – we’re talking like TWO washes or else it’s probably going to stay in your hair a little bit. But honestly, my hair is so shiny and silky after I do it. Even though it shows instant results, it’s also really good for you! So getting into the habit of doing this once a week would be amazing, but no pressure :).
Those are my 5 tips on how to wake up feeling more beautiful and amazing! I think it’s nice having these little things that we can do at home, that are much less expensive than going out and getting treatments. One thing quarantine has taught me is to be more self sufficient, so I hope this inspires you to try some of these little beauty hacks at home.